JUNE-JULY 2005 NEWSLETTER
A REVIEW OF THE PROGRAMS AND ACTIVITIES OF THE LIGHTED CANDLE SOCIETY DURING THE 2005 CALENDAR YEAR
We note with great appreciation the success of our annual award dinner
held on the evening of Friday, May 6th. Congressman Chris Cannon was our featured
speaker and presented a powerful endorsement of the work that is being done by
the Lighted Candle Society and other organizations with a similar
commitment. Seventeen year old Jennifer
Gulbrandsen, a recent graduate of
During the first six months of 2005 we have pursued objectives that we believe will have the greatest potential for success in wining the war against the production and distribution of pornography. These objectives include:
1. The preparation of evidence to be submitted in an appropriate court of law regarding the use of cable networks and satellite transmission to broadcast pornography into homes.
2. The creation of a comprehensive data base to be used by attorneys and other researchers with regard to preventing the establishment of sexually oriented businesses in a community.
3. The recruitment of attorneys and special witness experts to assist the Lighted Candle Society in preparing legal briefs, position papers, “op-ed” newspaper columns etc regarding the addictive nature of pornography.
4. The preparation and distribution of two thousand DVD s containing interviews with former pornography addicts and their testimony of the destructive nature of pornography.
5. The distribution of financial assistance to other organizations engaged in the battle against pornography.
6. The continued pursuit of the financing and technical assistance necessary to utilize functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging technology to demonstrate the destructive nature of pornography upon the human brain.
7. Responding to numerous requests to speak to audiences regarding the dangers and tragedies associated with involvement with pornography.
8. Referring to trained therapists numerous appeals for assistance from individuals and families who have had a member of their family become deeply involved with pornography.
HOW WHITE PORNOGRAPHY IS DESTROYING BLACK FAMILIES
A phenomenon within the black community since at least the early 1970’s can be traced back to the effect of white pornography upon black men and boys. To understand how this has happened one must compare the circulation by sales and subscription of the three most prevalent pornography magazines with that of the most popular of the magazines specifically marketed to black males. The analysis reveals that roughly twice as many black men subscribe to or purchase one or more of these three pornographic magazines as subscribe to or purchase the most popular magazine specifically marketed to black men.
Hence, white and black – in fact all users – will imagine themselves ravishing the fair young “centerfolds.” For years pornographic magazines have extolled the use of alcohol and often even drugs when demonstrating how to successfully molest. As pornography fuses lust with fear, hostility and shame, the same confused mix of emotions are aroused in black as well as white male users. White pornography undermines marital satisfaction among white couples. In addition, some black women complain bitterly that many black men, inundated with white pornography, ignore the charm and beauty of black women and instead consider it a badge of honor to obtain a white woman for sex (or marriage). These themes of sex, drugs, and alcohol overwhelmingly dominate the so-called “rap music” that is the daily fare of seventy to eighty percent of black teenagers.
net effect of the “White pornography in the Black Community” paradigm has
been to severely exacerbate the shortage of black men who are willing and
able to establish a family unit within their own race.
A recent issue of the
No facet of the
pornography industry is more vile than the use of
children to produce and distribute obscene photographs of these children in
sexually explicit situations. With all
of the other denials that come from those who produce and distribute
pornography, their claim that there is “no evidence” that the use of these
photographs leads to destructive behavior by the pornography consumer is the
most hypocritical. Each week the
The following items are taken from a summary issued by the United States Department of Justice of the results of law enforcement efforts to locate those distributing child pornography over the Internet:
federal grand jury in
“Undercover operations have identified more than 3,000 computers world wide using peer-to-peer networks to share child pornography. Federal officials have arrested nearly 6,000 people over the past two years on child-pornography charges.”
“A corporate executive who also held an appointed position in state government was indicted on charges of downloading child pornography including a movie entitled “Real Child Rape.” His computer contained more than 12,000 files of child pornography.”
“CHOOSE YE THIS DAY WHOM YE WILL SERVE.”
We have previously reported the response given by a noted business leader to whom we appealed for financial support for the Lighted Candle Society when he said,
“ everyone knows that pornography is available, and everyone knows that it is bad. This whole business has nothing to do with me…”
The fact is that in the last decade the pervasiveness and corruption of pornography has begun to impact everyone’s life. It is no longer acceptable to simply shrug one’s shoulders and assert that the presence of this monster has nothing to do with you or your family. The enormous amount of human suffering that is the direct result of the deceitfulness of the conspiring men and women who produce and market pornography is the responsibility of all of us. One day divine justice will hold accountable those who could have and should have used their abilities, their time, and their resources to stop this epidemic before it engulfs our entire civilization.
On the first page of this report we note a number of the activities of the Lighted Candle Society. All of these endeavors are capable of relieving some of the human suffering that is daily taking place because of the world-wide pornography conspiracy. We appeal to all who read this newsletter to ask themselves once again if they have done enough, assuming they have done anything at all, to participate in the work of preserving a society of dignity, decency, and virtue for our posterity.
We appeal to you to visit our web
site to learn more of how you can assist in this work. Our web site can be
located at www.lightedcandlesociety.org.
Our offices are located in
OUR WEB SITE IS: www.lightedcandlesociety.org